Are you taking Adderall? It’s the brand name for the generic drug amphetamine, a prescription medication that acts as a central nervous system stimulant to control ADHD and narcolepsy symptoms. As prescribed and recommended by a doctor, it can be used by patients over age three. Before you take Adderall, know these potential side effects, which include low libido or sex drive.
- Low libido or sex drive – Both men and women taking Adderall can develop decreased libido as a side effect of the medication. Some patients could also experience difficulty achieving orgasm when they are sexually stimulated. If you are an Adderall user and you find these side effects bothersome, you can talk to your doctor for the best remedy available. You may also ask about an effective male enhancement solution.
- Sleeping difficulty – Adderall stimulates the normal activity of your CNS, which results in difficulty sleeping. After taking this drug, you may feel restless or energized, and once this takes place, patients may have the difficulty falling or staying asleep throughout the night. It is therefore important to consider when to take the medication during the day, as it affects a person’s sleep patterns.
- Dry mouth – Patients taking Adderall can also experience abnormal dry mouth symptoms. They may also develop increases thirst sensations that come with a sore, irritated throat. Additionally, there could be an unpleasant taste in the mouth following intake of the medication.
- Decreased appetite – While taking Adderall, you could develop an unusual reduction in your appetite. Of course, this can affect your dietary intake and can lead to weight loss in certain individuals. Because of this side effect, children taking Adderall need to be monitored by a health care practitioner to make sure that they meet the ideal height and weight for their age.
- Changes in bowel movement – These can occur in a number of Adderall users, where they experience frequent urges to do bowel movement, also known as diarrhea. This can occur along with abdominal gas or cramping. Certain other patients may also experience the opposite, also called constipation. These Adderall side effects may worsen the decreased appetite side effect and lead to further weight loss.
- Headache or dizziness – Painful sensations of headache that come with Adderall use are usually mild and tend to go away on their own even with continued use of the drug. But there are patients who can experience heart rate abnormalities, muscle tremors, or blurred vision alongside dizziness, and should seek medical attention right away. These side effects can be indicative of a severe reaction to the medication.
Keep reading this blog for more updates on men’s sexual and overall health and wellness!