If you are trying to father a child, you should know that a healthy, balanced diet is very important in your goal. You have to nourish your reproductive systems with the essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids they need for optimal hormone function and sperm production. But it doesn’t have to be a diet you dislike or find too unappetizing to eat – there are actually a list of yummy treats on our list of natural male fertility boosters.
Here are some delicious foods you should explore and consume more:
- Whole grains – These carbs, such as oats, whole wheat, and brown rice, are chock-full of vitamins B and E, which are essential for reproduction of cells, production of healthy sperm, and hormone balance.
- High-quality fats – Full-fat dairy products provide plenty of calcium, helping improve the health of your bones, blood, and nervous system. Full-fat milk also helps boost fertility. Another fat-rich and overall nutritious choice are avocados, which are great for vitamin E (important for fertility). They are a powerful antioxidant, helping maintain the viability of your sperm. Get saturated fats for healthy hormone function from avocados, too. This list of good fats wouldn’t end without olive oil and raw nuts and seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds – These crunchy finds provide zinc and essential fatty acids as well. To get optimal benefits for your reproductive function, consume one-fourth to one-half cup a day.
- Leafy green vegetables – Kale, lettuce, turnip greens, collard greens, mustard greens, and beet greens are best incorporated in every meal you’re having. Spinach is often considered the most nutritious, but it is also noteworthy that they are full of folic acid, an essential component of healthy sperm. These green leafy veggies are generous with antioxidants as well to keep your sperm “ripe” and healthy. Eat them raw or juice your way to obtaining their precious offerings.
- Honey – Who doesn’t like honey? It is rich in minerals and amino acids that play an important role in your reproduction. They are a fertility booster that will make your meals and desserts extra special every time.
- Oily fish and oysters – Fish oil has always been touted in studies to benefit your sperm count. Consume shellfish, salmon, sardines, and mackerel are full of omega-3 and omega-6 fats. They help enhance your sperm speed and quality, as well as improves blood flow and regulates reproductive health. And who would forget oysters? They are not just tasty aphrodisiacs, but also fertility boosters due to their outstanding zinc content. If you’re eyeing more zinc in your diet, consume more nuts, baked beans, and eggs.
Herbal supplementation has been tested through time to provide fertility benefits, as well as male enhancement effects. This is why it’s no longer surprising that there is an abundance of erection pills made of various traditionally celebrates herbs and spices. But ensure your safety prior to supplementation – talk to your doctor if you are currently taking any meds for an existing health condition.